Friday, April 23, 2010

Character traits in the garden...

I spent the afternoon gardening with my grandmother. I'm not sure there is anything more satisfying than being with grandparents and working hard. You should try it. I have discovered I am terrible at avoiding thorns, no matter how hard I try. I simply forget that there are painful things around. Good or bad character trait??? My mom would love to turn that one into a spiritual lesson... always been a strength of hers.

Also, I have discovered that I LOVE getting packages. It doesn't matter that I am the one who order them, I still find myself thrilled to be getting a package. I immediately take it inside and open it.

My packages are arriving because I have been ordering thigs I will need for Haiti. I got a rather high blow-up mattress because it will be rainy while I am there and apparently tents don't keep flooding at bay. I ordered a good quality sleeping bag, which to my chagrin turns out to be a king sized sleeping bag. Did anyone else know sleeping bags had sizes??? I assumed it was a one size fits all deal. Crap. I guess I will just have to adopt a baby jaguar while I am there and let it keep me warm and protected at night.

Plans are coming along. Friends and family have been helping me financially, and I find I am amazed at the generosity and support of them all. I shouldn't be, but I am. I feel honored and loved, and am once again glad to be holding tightly onto the thread.

I must go shower, for I cannot be late to hot-dogs-over-the-Cleghorn-fire night! Later days...

No comments:

Post a Comment